and all that's in between has MOVED

visit the new blog at andallthatsinbetween.wordpress.com

Sunday 13 June 2010

Bill's pesto is the besto... (groan here)


USUALLY at the forefront of my mind for its indulgent and beautifully presented deserts - a giant portion of pavlova laden with a mound of delicious berries is always a winner - Bill's Produce Store in Brighton has now provided me with yet another reason to justify it's heaving queues for a table. Pesto. Not my favourite of flavours, as I often find it quite sickly in both taste and texture, I have now had to rethink my opinion of this condiment. 

The pesto at Bill's is delicious. So good I found myself eating it with a fork, bypassing the toasted rye bread that it came with. Chunky in texture, with barely a hint of the oil slick that you often find at the top of shop bought pesto, the parmesan flavour that came through was intense; alongside the occasional burst of a pine nut on the palate thanks to it not being blitzed into oblivion, the whole experience of eating what could have been considered a simple snack was elevated to the revelatory experience that I love pesto. As long as its Bill's.

No comments:

Post a Comment