and all that's in between has MOVED

visit the new blog at andallthatsinbetween.wordpress.com

Wednesday 6 October 2010

the chin chin laboratorists


ALWAYS a fan of the weird and wonderful when it comes to food, I was extremely excited to hear that Europe now has its first nitro ice-cream parlour...and it's in London! I haven't yet had the chance to investigate it for myself but, if the note on The Chin Chin Laboratorists website urging customers to avoid queues by visiting on weekdays is anything to go by, it sounds like it may just be a success.

There are many images online that will no doubt entice customers to want to experience first hand the fantastical creation of their nitro ice-cream (£3.95 for a serving with topping), however what has captured my attention are the flavours. Alongside two staples, a weekly special is announced each Tuesday via Twitter. (Warning: do not view their Twitter page when hungry - your tummy will grumble and you will salivate.) Flavours range from the subtle to slightly bizarre, below are a few examples:

- Lychee and Rosewater
- Buttered Popcorn with Sea Salted Caramel and Cinamon Sugar
- Coffee and Cardamom
- Saffron and Toasted Sesame
- Penut Butter with Raspberry Coulis and Crispy Streaky Bacon

I am gutted that I hadn't discovered this establishment in time to sample the Coffee and Cardamom ice-cream, one of my favourite flavour combinations of the moment. Instead I will just keep watch as to what they come up with next. And make a mad dash in the direction of Camden when a new flavour jumps out at me (I'll be running fast as their latest special - Sour Apple Crumble - sold out on its first day).

No comments:

Post a Comment