and all that's in between has MOVED

visit the new blog at andallthatsinbetween.wordpress.com

Thursday 12 August 2010

When I grow up up... I want to buy (Antenne) Books




FOR me, buying beautiful books and magazines is a luxury. I imagine myself one day in a home dotted with tomes of wondrous imagery; of nature, of art; of fashion and design; of the ordinary and the extraordinary. Dotted amongst these, will be golden nuggets of prose, ranging from the classic to the contemporary.

However my lack of funds has somewhat stunted my efforts to emphatically begin on my journey of collecting such books. Though Antenne Books may just be a small step forward in the right direction. An online retailer of books and publications from independent publishers, it offers you items ranging from £5 to £70. But what makes this site truly special is the way in which you make your purchase.


I have never enjoyed buying books online, finding it frustrating that I can't physically explore what's inside, the tactile quality of a book being so important. What paper is it made of? Are all the pages the same size, of the same material? What does the back cover look like? And most significantly, how does it look inside, the graphics, artwork, images themselves?? 

Antenne Books tries its best to answer these queries. Instead of offering the odd static picture from a 'key part' within the book, you are given the chance to view a short video for each item, demonstrating the cover (front and back), the spine and a flick through the inside. Brilliant. Immediately you get a feel for each product. This should signify the way forward for buying books online. They've definitely got me as a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment