and all that's in between has MOVED

visit the new blog at andallthatsinbetween.wordpress.com

Wednesday 4 August 2010

joie de vivre


WHEN I was searching SHOWstudio for 'Make Up Your Mind' I came across Ruth Hogben's latest collaboration with Gareth Pugh for his Autumn/Winter 2010 collection. 'Joie de Vivre' features Raquel Zimmermann in a stunning display of dark and glamorous, 1920's inspired clothing.  

I always love Hogben's films, but what surprised me was the glaringly obvious similarities between Zimmermann and Lady Gaga. Not literally - though at times I did do a double take, leading me to double check that it was definitely Zimmermann not Gaga that I was watching on screen - but more so in the styling of the jerky, robotic movements that accompanied the achingly cool soundtrack (provided by Lukid). This simply reinforces my suspicion that, despite initial (strong) reservations about Lady Gaga, she is fast becoming an icon of our time, influencing not just music, but style too.

No comments:

Post a Comment