and all that's in between has MOVED

visit the new blog at andallthatsinbetween.wordpress.com

Thursday 18 November 2010

on my plate: lentil and pumkin stew-soup


IT'S been a hectic few days so cooking hasn't featured high on the agenda, which means this week's dish was very much a simple one-pot wonder. And, despite the possibly over-zealous addition of vegetables on my part (though even now, after reading the recipe, I have no idea how I managed to make my casserole dish overflow with so few 'bulky' ingredients) it turned out to be a very satisfying stew-soup.

The method was simple. The flavours were rich. And the aromas along the way were tantalising. The addition of fresh rosemary and garlic to the already softened onions stealing the prize of most delectable aroma of the evening.

Ignoring it's sludge-like appearance - I must improve my food presentation / photography skills - this meal was actually delicious. It's a perfect way to use up a pumpkin once it's fleeting moment in Britain's conscious has passed. A hearty autumnal assembly of flavours; none of which over-power, but all of which create a truly satisfying supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment