and all that's in between has MOVED

visit the new blog at andallthatsinbetween.wordpress.com

Wednesday 1 September 2010

profile: Allyson Gee


ALLYSON Gee is a 2010 graduate in Jewellery and Silversmithing from Glasgow School of Art, whose work I discovered at New Designers. I was instantly intrigued by the way in which the delicate forms of the butterflies had been 'captured' within the metal framework. Drawing inspiration from the way in which entomology and lepidoptery uniformly presents its specimens, Gee explains that for this collection she sought to imitate the display cases within which the insects are held through the use of geometric structures. 


As much as I would love to, I somehow doubt that the pieces that Gee creates are wearable; though I can see real potential in them to be worn as part of an amazing photo shoot. To see the rest of the collection visit: allysongee.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment